CBSE vs ICSE
CBSE, Central Board of Secondary Education is one of the premier educational boards in India. It has made a successful contribution to imparting excellent quality knowledge to the students in India. CBSE is one of the most modernized and extensively recognized boards in India. Similar to CBSE is the ICSE. ICSE, Indian Certificate of Secondary Education is also one of the acclaimed educational institutions in India. CBSE and ICSE are frequently compared for their curriculum, difference in exams, difficulty level, future prospects, etc.
Students find it difficult to choose between CBSE and ICSE often due to lack of information. Here is a comprehensive comparison of the two exceedingly renowned educational institutions in India:
- The CBSE syllabus is comparatively more rationally oriented and scientific in its approach. The CBSE syllabus for a specific year is divided into various segments and every segment is given a specific number of periods so that it can be completely and thoroughly taught in one year. As a result, the CBSE system enables the teachers to prepare the teaching of various subjects in a coherent manner. Moreover, this system helps the students allocate time to different subjects in a balanced way.
- However, if a student aspires to study and practice management studies then ICSE syllabus is relatively advanced and apt compared to CBSE.
- Nevertheless, it is pertinent to note that the CBSE students aspiring to undertake the entrance exams for IIT-JEE & PMT are at a huge advantage because CBSE organizes these exams. ICSE does not have any role in organizing these exams. Consequently, the ICSE students who aim to appear for these exams must work harder.
- The ICSE syllabus for Class X is somewhat tougher and heavier as opposed to CBSE.
- ICSE students write three exams for the subject of Science, namely, Physics, Chemistry and Biology while CBSE students write only one exam, although they study all three subjects.
- Similarly, the English language syllabus of CBSE is comparatively more manageable than the ICSE syllabus. ICSE students are required to write two exams in English, while CBSE students write just one exam in English.
- Likewise, ICSE students write two exams in Social Studies, viz, History and Geography while CBSE students write just one exam.
- For instance the syllabus that ICSE students undertake in the class 8th, CBSE students are imparted those lessons in the 9th and 10th classes.
- In ICSE, students’ foundational knowledge of various concepts learnt in class 8th get stronger in 9th and 10th as they are taught a detailed version of 8th standard’s syllabus in 9th and 10th.
- Nevertheless, the basics of every subject are explained and clarified better in ICSE curriculum as compared to CBSE.
- The course outline of English in the ICSE educational system is the most competitive and one of the best in India. The ICSE students study Shakespeare in addition to two English papers in the English curriculum.
- Nonetheless, CBSE has introduced grading system for the examination results. This step by CBSE is regarded as progressive, while ICSE has not introduced any grading system for the examination results.
Therefore, both the CBSE and ICSE have their own pros and cons. Accordingly, you can make your choice between CBSE and ICSE depending upon your educational requirements.
>> CBSE vs ICSE
© 2015 India Education